Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Chromebook11
Chrome OS

I just rec'd a net new Chromebook11 for my daughter to use for online learning.  I get through choosing language/keyboard & successfully connect to my home wifi, only to have the Chromebook cycle continuously and finally reach a window indicating I have No Network Connection (although it clearly shows I am connected).  I completed a "Powerwash" and went through the process again...same outcome.  I can't even get to a Google login screen, as well, it does nothing when I choose to Browse as a Guest.  What's going on??  So frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KJG1425

Thank you for posting back. 

A system recovery completely erases any local files or settings and returns the computer to its original factory-shipped state.

• If a hard reset does not resolve your issue OR your Chromebook shows the error message Chrome OS is missing or damaged, you might need to perform a system recovery. For detailed instructions go to Chromebook Help Center and search for Recover your Chromebook.

Chrome OS is missing or damaged

• If a system recovery still does not resolve the issue, contact HP support. To check the warranty of your laptop, go to HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@KJG1425

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues completing the first-time setup on your Chromebook.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Turn off your Chromebook (don't just close the lid - do a complete power off)
  2. Turn off your WiFi router by unplugging the power cord.
  3. Wait 10 seconds or so.
  4. Plug in the power to the router and watch the blinking lights until it boots up completely.
  5. Turn on your Chromebook and wait for it to connect to the WiFi. The WiFi connection icon will stop pulsing.
  6. Sign in to your profile.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did unplug the router, but sadly, it did not make a difference.  The Chromebook when booted up, allows me to connect to the wifi (shows in the bottom right corner, full wifi connection), but continues to cycle until eventually it will pop up with one of 2 different errors;(1) "Network not available".  Please connect to the internet to sign in to your Chromebook..... You may also skip signing in and browse as a guest."  However, it will also not let me browse as a guest.

(2) "Oops, something went wrong with signing in.  If you are using a Proxy Server, check your proxy settings..... etc"  At this point I have not been able to input my Google account information to set up the Chromebook.

I'm not sure what else to do!  Any other advice would be appreciated.  (I'm also an HP employee!)

Thanks...

HP Recommended

@KJG1425

A system recovery completely erases any local files or settings and returns the computer to its original factory-shipped state.

• If a hard reset does not resolve your issue OR your Chromebook shows the error message Chrome OS is missing or damaged, you might need to perform a system recovery. For detailed instructions go to Chromebook Help Center and search for Recover your Chromebook.

Chrome OS is missing or damaged

• If a system recovery still does not resolve the issue, contact HP support. To check the warranty of your laptop, go to HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

YES!!!!  That worked!!  Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

@KJG1425

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.