09-07-2019 05:45 AM - edited 09-07-2019 05:50 AM
Hello, my HP 2000-2c29WM Notebook PC will not boot up, it says "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press <Enter> to Continue." I press enter and the Notebook shuts off. How do I fix this? I've tried everything on YouTube and HP and nothing has worked. This Notebook is old, but it's never had this issue. I literally had this thing working yesterday.
09-09-2019 02:50 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
If the issue persist, you can performing system factory reset which will install the original Windows operating system and drivers.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee