Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

please I want to format my windows, I also download windows 10 on my USB. Its bootable coz I tested it on my other laptop and it worked. But for my ProBook 4540s,when I press f9 and I choose my USB. it won't boot it and it goes back to my windows automatically.

thanks for your advice

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Reben1 

if this is a recent laptop, then my guess is it came with Win10 preloaded using UEFI mode -- and the Windows install media you created is probably NOT UEFI mode -- which will then, NOT boot in this PC.

You need to download the ISO file from MS again and this time, use the free RUFUS utility to create UEFI boot media -- and see if that works better.  You can get RUFUS from here:  Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases) 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.