07-29-2019 12:47 PM
My Laptop is 15.6 hp pavilion 8th gen core i5 12 gb ram 1 tb hdd
My laptop is out of warranty since it has been more than a year I purchased it in November 2017
Since last December whenever I leave the laptop on charge and its left idle for some time after the display gets off it freezes completely and doesn't respond . I have to force it to shutdown . The same thing happens if I shutdown the laptop while charging. I tested all components from uefi (extensive test) and nothing faulty came. I recently did factory reset and defragmentation of hard drive but still unable to solve this issue. There is no issue if I am working actively on the laptop or while its on battery this only happens if left idle on charging or shutdown while charging. I have recently installed the upgraded bios too.
Please help me solving this issue I am unable to confirm whether this is a serious hardware issue or this can be resolved by replacing any component?
07-31-2019 07:06 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Does the computer shut down when the Ac adapter is unplugged?
Let's run a hardware diagnostics test on battery and Charger in order to isolate hardware or software related issue:
Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests.
- The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.
- To run both tests simultaneously, in the Component Tests menu, click Power Source, and then click Run once. Each component can also be tested individually.
AC Adapter Test:
The AC Adapter test provides an interactive test to determine if the AC power adapter is functioning properly. A good battery is required for this test. Before running the AC Adapter Test, HP recommends verifying that your computer can receive power by connecting a known working AC adapter.
Follow these steps to perform the AC Adapter Test.
- In the Component Tests menu, click Power, and then click an AC Adapter Test.
- Click Run once.
- The AC Adapter Test begins.
- When the test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
Follow these steps to perform the Battery Test:
- In the Component Tests menu, click Power, and then click Battery.
- Click Run once. The Battery Test begins.
- When the battery test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen. For additional battery information, click Battery Details.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
08-01-2019 12:03 AM
I have done all types of diagnosis tests as mentiom before there are no hardware problems shown in the tests. My computer freezes completely when the screen gets off after 2 mins and lefy idle for 10 kinutes than i have to shutdown the laptop as it doesn't respond. Same happens when i shutdown the pc and its on charging it freezes. All freezing is happening while left idle during charge or doing shutdown while charging