Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-EC-1010NS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I bought my new HP laptop with FreeOS, so that I want to install a license of Windows 10. I  created correctly the USB with the offical APP of Microsoft and the laptop doesnp't recognize the device. I checked it with other computer and it works perfectly. So, I checked the laptop BIOS to check if everything is correct and disable secure boot if it was enabled. But it is disabled! And I have no option to enable the legacy mode. 

I do some photos:

ac397184-84ec-4acb-b995-2258a62ee7bf.jfif

07f06d09-a8d9-4e24-b497-0c938e3fcba2.jfif

My laptop is this model: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-EC-1010NS

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much in advance!

Edit. I don't know why, the image seems it wasn't loaded, I uploaded to an external website:  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DanToledo 

Both sets of images are now showing here just fine.

I notice in your screen shot that you have not selected the USB Flash Drive.  So, what happens when you do select that and reboot?

Also, if you downloaded the ISO file, you can use the free RUFUS utility to create UEFI media -- for which you would then NOT have to select Legacy mode to install.  You can get the utility from here:  Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases) 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.