Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-ed0000 x360 Convertible Laptop PC (8JG84AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, my hp x360 envy 15-ed0000 is having trouble turning on.

It turns on the first time after I remove the battery and plug in the AC power + pressing the power button for several seconds. Then I have a light blue screen stating that the CMOS checksum is invalid.

I reattach the battery, remove AC, shut down and immediately turn on, its fine. I do the same steps and wait for 1 hour, it turns on also.

But when I do these steps and wait for more than 2 hours, it doesn't turn on again.

I think there is a problem with the CMOS, but as I researched it, I found out that there is no CMOS battery in this laptop.

All drivers are up to date.

So what is the solution here?

Did all the tests and everything passed.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Racha_Chd,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop that does not turn on intermittently.

Please follow the steps below to perform an extensive system test to confirm if the hardware is working fine.

1) Shut down the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the system test > extensive test

If the hardware is working fine. Please click on this link to perform a recovery on your Laptop.  (Take a backup of the data before performing a recovery)

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I have already done the extensive test, and everything passed.

I just have one concern about the benefit of doing a recovery? 

And in your experience, will changing the battery be better or not?

HP Recommended

Hi @Racha_Chd,

Thank you for performing the above troubleshooting steps.

As all the test have passed including the battery, suggest you to perform a recovery to reinstall the operating system to fix the issue.

However, if the issue still persists even after performing a recovery. There is an issue with the battery and it needs to be replaced.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your explanation.

I have searched for the HP Cloud Recovery Tool to download it, but I could not find it for my laptop model. Can you please help me wit that?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @Racha_Chd,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

The support on the HP community is currently available within certain constraints. We are striving to enhance our assistance and broaden its scope. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.