Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my laptop has refused to boot and load windows. It just shows the splash screen with hp logo and "invent" and gets stuck there. I've tried resetting the bios to default, hard reset, removed the CMOS battery, changed hard drive. Also when I enter the bios set up utility, it freezes up after a minute or so and I have to force the system by cutting power. I've tried memory diagnostics, that one too gets stuck at 33%, 82%, other times at 12 %, infact it never completes. Please help, I need to access my system and I've been facing this for a week. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ebubeemeka,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.