Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My laptop screen suddenly went black I tried rebooting it but it still same with cap lock blinking and f12 stayed on

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fahdo Welcome to HP Community!

Note that specific patterns of long and short blinks along with long and short beeps (where applicable) identify errors during the startup process.
Newer computers have two-part blink sequences with different color lights to indicate specific errors and hence, I request you to revert back to us with the sequence of those beeps for an accurate response, alternatively, you may click here and troubleshoot on your own, as well.

If you've attempted the steps from the above link and yet, the issue persists, try the below steps:

Step 1: Performing a hard reset

Resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Go to How to Power Reset Your Laptop for detailed steps to reset your notebook.

Continue to the next step if a hard reset did not resolve the issue.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The caps lock keep blinking while the f12 stays on

HP Recommended

@Fahdo I suggest you make use of the links I had shared to understand what the blinks mean and what you need to do, to resolve the issue,

alternatively, please tell me how many times its blinking so I can help you with the same.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.