Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 17z-ak000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop includes the Insyde H20 BIOS/EUFI.  It is up to date.  However, I'd like to be able to do some things that H20 apparently does not support.  For example, I'd like to be able to repurpose the physical socket currently assigned to the onboard WiFi antenae for use by an external graphics card.  (I've seen this done on other laptops, not made by HP.)

Is there any way to obtain extended capabilities in the BIOS/EUFI?  I'm guessing not, but I want to exhaust all avenues of exploration before giving up.

I've looked on the Insyde website, but they are pretty clear that they do not work directly with end users.  I'm guessing that attempting to install a BIOS made by another provider is likely to prove fatal.  My browsing on HP's site has not turned up any way to extend or replace the existing BIOS, other than updating it which, as I've said above, I've already done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.