08-23-2019 11:46 AM
I bought myself a new HP Envy 17 just over a week ago. I set everything up and eagerly started to used the device and it froze. I rebooted the computer and the freezing kept reoccurring. I immediately logged into HP Support Assistant and used the Virtual Assistant. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. My Hp Envy 17 randomly freezes requiring me to power down and reboot to finish using the laptop. This happens several times a day. Everything is up to date.
08-26-2019 12:24 PM
@WGOK, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Does this happen randomly or while working on particular applications?
Let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. Perform System Test > Quick test. Share the result
Also, Install updates using HP Support Assistant
- In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.
- Check for updates.
- If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
If the above steps do not help, perform a clean boot and check if that helps.
Refer to this document to know how.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee