cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No Bootable Device -- insert boot disk and press any key

HP Recommended
HP Stream 14-ax000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello my HP laptop had a virus on it so i did a reset so it can delete the virus and the reset did not reset good than i watch a Youtube video how to reinstall windows 10 on a usd drive than it said No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key i look it up i tired everything do i need to replace the hard drive? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,937 25,869 2,375 5,613
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Justin3714 

IF you had bothered to check here BEFORE you forced the reset, we would have told you that the Stream models can not do a reset without external media and saved you the problem you encountered.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation