cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
ozviewer1
Level 1
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No boot HP G6 2304AU

HP Recommended
Pavilion 2304AU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I press the power button on the laptop.

Power light comes on, fan starts.

Immediately get 3 x long beeps, this occurs 3 times in a row, at the same time the caps lock button blinks, and the wifi button is lit.

After that, nothing happens.

I have reset the ram and tried it in either slot.

I have removed HDD and confirm I can access it all on another pc

I disconnected the wifi board

None of this helped after reinstalling it all.

I tried a second screen via hdmi lead, nothing.

I tried press power button hold windows key and B key together, let go power, but it still just beeps 3 times x three times

I tried press power button hold windows key and V key together, let go power, but it still just beeps 3 times x three times

I tried press power button hold B key together, let go power, but it still just beeps 3 times x three times

I tried press power button hold escape key and V key together, let go power, but it still just beeps 3 times x three times

I went to HP site and downloaded a BIOS exe file and put it on a usb stick, inserted to laptop, powered on pc, again only beeps.

I also tried all of the button presses with the usb bios exe in the laptop usb, just beeps.

I now am totally stuck, as I also took the pc apart, including keyboard removal etc, checked all ribbon to keyboard, as well as ribbons from motherboard to other areas, and everything is seated perfectly.

I reassembled, and the problem remains the same.

Help.....have I missed something or is there anything else that I can try?

Many thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation