Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to enabke Secure boot in order to get Windows 11. However whenever I enable Secure boot, I then get a screen saying "No bootable device found". 

Can anyone assist? It does sound like secure boot is the best boot option in any case so I would like to change over to secure boot. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Sounds like you have W10 installed in Legacy mode.

You will have to reinstall W10 in EFI mode in order to enable secure boot.

To install W10 in EFI mode, you boot your W10 recovery media or installation media from an EFI boot source (EFI USB or EFI DVD).

After you install W10 in EFI mode, you will be able to set the secure boot option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.