Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No display every time I restart my laptop then have to connect to HDMI with another screen then have back displayed as soon as I connect to another display to my laptop but again when I restart my laptop same no display to my laptop and again have to repeat the procedure.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HussainAfzal 

Go into Display Settings, look under Multiple Displays and see if you have it set to Mirror.  If that is the case, set it to Extend and reboot.

Also, when both displays are connected, ensure that the laptop screen is set to Primary, not the extra monitor.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, WAWood.

I have just updated my BIOs update and now display is working good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.