cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Fauch
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No password entry without choosing keyboard layout during boot sequence

HP Recommended
G5 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,
I have a small but very annoying problem concerning the boot process of my G5 notebook. At every system startup I have to choose the right keyboard layout for entering my password (my password contains special characters). The default is always an English layout, so in my case I always have to select a German layout in the drop down menu that appears.
Surely you can change that somehow?
I would be very happy about a helpful tip.
Many greetings
Vera

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,093 6,378 814 3,504
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Do you refer to entering Windows password (Windows account password) ?

If this is the case, ensure German is your default language and this should solve it -> here is how >> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/102923-set-default-keyboard-input-language-windows-10-a.html

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - volunteer since 2013
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation