Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-f233wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My system does not want to turn on yesterday I had it shut down after updates and it never powered back on when it was on the charger it did have a light but only until I hit the power button it all died, however the screen did not come on nor could I hear anything try and boot. I have done the steps of doing a hard boot and clearing the additional electricity out of the notebook. I have also tested the A.C. adapter into another like notebook here at home and that's okay too it worked. I also swtiched batteries and it charged on the other like notebook with no issue Is there a possible hardware issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

So it does appear to be a Hardware issue, the Main Board maybe.

You cannot run without the battery connected, and when it is connected a full drain on the battery happens.

I would be inclined to ask a local repair shop for some advice, as they can witness the effect.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please 1st try a Hard Reset

Press and Hold the PWR off button for 4 seconds to force a PWR off.

Unplug from the wall.

If you see a battery compartment door, your computer has a removable battery.

Remove any removable battery.

This is valid for most notebooks;

Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the reset.

Re-insert any battery you removed.

HP Recommended
Thanks for reply I have tried that so I plugged it up and after some time passes the battery lit up ready and when I hit the power button it completely drains dead?
HP Recommended

Hi

So it does appear to be a Hardware issue, the Main Board maybe.

You cannot run without the battery connected, and when it is connected a full drain on the battery happens.

I would be inclined to ask a local repair shop for some advice, as they can witness the effect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.