Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 14q-bu0XXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team,

recently i have installed WD green M.2 ssd in my laptop and have successfully cloned my OS and recovery to the new SSD.

In order to boot from SSD i was trying to change first boot device to SSD but while checking for boot order i am not able to see SSD only existing hdd is visible. as a workaround when i enabled legacy boot, i can find SSD in the options and set first priority to the SSD drive but unfortunately it is again booting from HDD. Looks like it is giving priority to UEFI settings so i kept CD drive >>USB drive>>network boot and then hdd in boot order at the same time i have made SSD as first option in legacy boot but still os is booting from HDD please help me to boot os from SSD.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are running a dual drive configuration (M.2 SSD + HDD), you need to remove Windows from the hard drive, or the PC will always want to boot from the SATA hard drive first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.