cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
VishalManik2k
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Not able to change boot order

HP Recommended
Hp 15-bs544tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brought a new ssd 

1 Installation Done

2 Cloning Done

3 Update BIOS

Bios is not showing ssd in the boot order don't know why, even not in advanced startup menu. If i can't boot from the ssd, then is of waste for me please help.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,839
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VishalManik2k 

You need to understand that we here can not access your PC or diagnose it in any way -- only you can do that.

People claim they CLONE drives all the time without really knowing how to do it right.  Did you clone ALL the partitions on the old drive? If so, it should then boot OK.

Is the new drive the same type as the old.  You didn't tell us what type of SSD it is -- as there are SATA and m.2 SSDs which are very different and of the last type, there are SATA and NVMe -- which are not interchangeable.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation