Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-s0000 (76T53AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I've just bought this PC (Victus Gaming Laptop 16-s0015). I was setting it up (software etc.) and after I installed all recommended windows updates it did not boot up.

Power button is always white, Caps lock blinking 5x slow and 3x fast. Can't find anywhere what this frequency indicates.

What should I do? Already contacted HP support through whatsapp, just thought I will message here as well to see where I get a response first.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Vytautas1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your Victus by HP 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop is experiencing a specific error code with the blinking Caps Lock LED. Typically, the pattern of blinks on the Caps Lock LED is a form of error code that can help diagnose the issue. In your case, 5 slow blinks followed by 3 fast blinks suggests a specific error, but it's not a standard pattern that's readily available in general documentation.

Here’s a general troubleshooting approach you can try.

Perform a Hard Reset:

• Disconnect the laptop from any power source (unplug the charger).
  • Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual power.
  • Reconnect the power adapter and try powering on the laptop.

Check for External Issues:

• Ensure that the power adapter is properly connected and providing power to the laptop.
  • Check if any peripherals (like USB devices or external monitors) are connected that could be causing interference.

Verify RAM and Connections:

• If accessible, try reseating the RAM modules. Sometimes, poor connection can cause boot issues.
  • Check if the hard drive or SSD is securely connected.

Use HP Diagnostics:

• Some HP laptops have built-in diagnostics tools accessible through a specific key combination (often Esc key during startup). This can help identify hardware issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.