Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-22-2022 04:31 AM - last edited on 07-22-2022 09:43 AM by Ric_ob
The computer’s LED indicators is turning on, but computer is producing no sound and isn’t turning on. What to do?
07-24-2022 05:53 AM
I understand that the screen remains black or blank after pressing the power button.
I need a few more information to help you:
- What is your device model number?
Refer to this document to find it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
Do NOT post the serial number.
- Does the screen remains black or blank?
- Can you see LED lights blinking?
- Did any hardware changes take place on the laptop recently?
- Did any software changes or updates happen?
Meanwhile, I would recommend you to:
- Turn off the laptop
- Disconnect the AC Power from the device
- (If possible) Remove the battery
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds
- Plug in the AC Adapter and the battery
- Turn on the laptop
Let me know if that helped.
I do not work for nor do I represent HP.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community