Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I would think if it was the battery it would just have a shorter life span not shut off way before 10%. and it does completely shut off. I have the setting for it to sleep at 5% but it doesn't it completely shuts down.

HP Recommended

It now has decided to shut off while plugged in and my battery  says 64% charging. so yeah. It shut completely down and I lost everything I was doing.

HP Recommended

BIOS updatehelp me to solve this issue

also when the battery check said OK - and BIOS update not resolve please contact the HP support that need to replace motherboard

HP Recommended

sir,

my laptop is hp probook 4510s, when i using system continuosly 4 or 5 hours my laptop will power off suddendly..

what is the problem

HP Recommended

Hello Zainul, all manner of problems could cause your laptop to shut down:

a.) Heat! Try turning laptop off and blowing compressed air gently through the ports/vents; I work in the middle east and have literally BEAT(slapped!) my laptop up, down, sideways to loosen gunk, dust, sand etc. It worked wonders, loosened all manner of crap around vents, fan, etc.

b.) If it is heat, after cleaning you can download a temp monitor tool (Google it) that tells you what the temp is at the processor; this could tell you if you need a cooler/fan under the machine, or elevate it with somthing to allow air to cool it more efficiently.

Please try these two steps and let me know how you come along.

Good Luck!

HP Recommended
am using a Hp655 notebook,after installing windows 8.1 my notebook shuts down without warning on reaching 20% battery power......my prevous windows 7 ultimate worked perfectly n gave a warning for low battery at 11% and critical at 7% where it prompted me to plug it in power.....please help on wat to do about it
HP Recommended
My dv5ea has no screen display. It's complete blackout.Even when There is power.All the light indicators are on on the keyboard when there is power but the screen remains shut off. I left the power to be used up and then switch on again. No display still. Kindly help. Thanks
HP Recommended
Even I am having the same problem ? support
HP Recommended
Even I am having the same problem ?
HP Recommended

Sort of similar problem here. HP Beats Special Edition 15-p058na laptop throws up low battery warning as defined at 10% but then shuts down almost immediately, i.e. by the time I've found my power lead it's gone to sleep.

I know I can tweak the low battery to a slightly higher value but intrigued why it's not waiting until battery life reaches the critical level of 5%

Cheers, Rob.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.