Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15-ay065nl notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two problems: Notebook don't start and remain with black screen and caps lock's led lighiting. After many minutes it starts (the waiting is casual sometimes 10 minutes other times an hour etc). I saw on windows event that after the boot we have 4 error on kernel (Event ID 37 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Type: Warning Description: The speed of processor x in group y is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for z seconds since the last report.).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Ossidam, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As I understand you need a fix for the kernel power error on the event log,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Do you get any blue screen errors before the device shuts down?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

This scenario usually indicates a problem with the hardware. To help isolate the problem, check the following items:

1. Overclocking: Disable overclocking to see whether the issue occurs when the system is run at the correct speed.
  2. Check the memory: Verify the memory by using a memory checker. Verify th
  3. at each memory chip is the same speed and that it is configured correctly in the system.
  4. Power supply: Make sure that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed additional drives, or added external devices, such devices can require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently.
  5. Overheating: Check whether the system is overheating by examining the internal temperature of the hardware.
  6. Defaults: Reset the system back to the system defaults to see whether the issues occur when the system is running in its default configuration. 

If you see that the computer generates a Stop error that contains a BugcheckCode value that is not reported in an event ID 41, change the restart behavior for the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

If you've been using the Recovery Partition (F11) to reinstall the OS, I recommend using the Recovery media instead to wipe out the HDD and create a new partition and fresh OS installation: Click here to obtain one, if you don't have on in your possession.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.