Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0235ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community,

I have some problems with my HP Laptop for around 2 days. My notebook needs 2 minutes to start Windows, the restart needs even longer even through i have an ssd. (HP with Windows loading circle)

What i tried:

-all HP Diagnostics Tests -> passed 

-I checked both SSDs with CrystalDiskInfo -> both are in a very good condition

-Quick start disabled -> needs even longer than two minutes

-C:\Windows\Prefetch cleaned

-the latest AMD graphics drivers -> needs as long as discribed 

-all HP provided AMD graphics drivers -> sometimes slow, somtimes fast (normal shutdown and start); the restart needs as long as always

I am thankful for every answer 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I forget that i'm in the english community. I have translated the text as best as i could.

Is there a german cummunity too?

HP Recommended

@Gamer05113 

You sound like you know what you're doing -- so I apologize in advance for asking you about stuff you probably already have done.

Have you tried going through Startup Tab, disabling all the tasks, and seeing what that accomplishes?

Have you tried starting in Safe mode and seeing what that accomplishes?

I agree that with SSDs, your total boot time to desktop should be less than a minute, not as long as you are reporting.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I disabled all programs in the Startup Tab that are unnecessary for Windows to boot. Sadly, that didn't help.

I haven't tried to start in safe-mode yet. I'll try it 😊

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad english 😙

HP Recommended

Hi, the issue is the "Realtek Audio" driver. If the (Realtek provided) driver is installed, then the laptop starts in a couple of seconds, but the sound switch doesn't work.  I mean if I plug in the 3.5mm audio cable, then I can hear sound from my laptops speakers and my headset. Can this be fixed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.