Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 15-ay198nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My notebook (hp 15-ay198nr) won't boot anymore. It was working fine yesterday, when I went to recharge it today, the notebook wouldn't boot even after charging for 30 minutes. I checked with another power supply and outlet and still no boot. The AC charging light is on (indicates "charging"). 

I followed the support steps here and the notebook won't boot, even trying to go back with my BIOS as recommended in an HP guide, although I can't get very far because my notebook won't start at all. I have also removed the battery and attempted to turn on my notebook with just the power supply (AC light is on for this too), but the notebook won't boot.

I've had this notebook for about two years now and haven't experienced any problems with it. I'm frequently able to use my laptop for about three and a half hours before the battery runs out. 

Can someone recommend some next steps? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Did you try the power reset? Unplug the pwer cord, remove the battery and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds. Plug in the cord and see if any change.

If no joy, I would probably leave it plugged in and charging for a few hours or overnight to see if any change.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for responding. I have tried the power reset. I let it charge overnight and now the AC Light indicates the battery is fully charged, but still no change. 

HP Recommended

Problem was fixed by replacing the CMOS battery. I was told that it had a glitch and sometimes replacing the battery fixes it, which it did!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.