Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model 15t-AB200: Total blank screen, won't boot. Tryed F10 and get "Please Wait" then the options to select varrious options. We have recently moved and have missplaced all documentation in the move! A little affraid to select the full recovery option. Will I lose MS Office if I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Testing can be done from BIOS itself, no need of entering into Windows. It can easily done in your case.

Glad that you did repair.

You can create HP Recovery USB from HP Recovery Manager.

If MS Office installed in your system is full version, you might have got product activation code sticker. You can use this to install again if need arise.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi,

Tap away F2 key as soon you power on laptop. Do extensive hard drive and memory tests. Let it finish

Do you have Recovery USB created after first setup of this notebook?

Have you bought product activation key for full version of MS Office from HP while purchasing this notebook?

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I ended up doing a "Repair" and that seemed to work OK. We didn't loose anything but the time to re-arrange everything. I wasn't aware of the testing that could be done but you need a fuctioning machine to do it and I will pursue that at a later date. We dont have a USB recovery after 1st setup? don't know how to do that. I'm not sure I understand the "Product Key" purchase you refer to. Probably NO!

Regards.....wellvideo

HP Recommended

Testing can be done from BIOS itself, no need of entering into Windows. It can easily done in your case.

Glad that you did repair.

You can create HP Recovery USB from HP Recovery Manager.

If MS Office installed in your system is full version, you might have got product activation code sticker. You can use this to install again if need arise.

HP Recommended

I will check out the testing for future if needed and it probably will be sometime down the road.

I'll check out the recovery USB from HP

The Office 2010 is my legal purchased software and I did have to re-install it but no big deal.

Regards...wellvideo

HP Recommended

Great. Well that would be good enough.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.