Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CS0058od (notebook)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The screen on my laptop went blank so I tried to restart it. However, the power button would not turn it off, it just slowly blinked. I removed the battery (it has an internal battery) and tried AC power only. It wouldn't boot and no lights turned on.

Next I tried to power on with just the battery but it still didn't work and still no lights. Tried numerous times with different combinations of both battery and AC, AC only and battery only. The battery was fully charged when the laptop died and I'm using the original HP AC adapter.

The output voltage on the AC adapter reads 19.75 volts and voltage at the power button reads 3 volts.  I checked a few other points on the main board and get 3 volts, 5 volts or 19 volts.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Unplug the power cord, remove your RAM modules and put them back in. If the laptop has more than 1 RAM module, try plugging in one module at a time, then power on, test, and see if you get past the black screen.

Sometimes the BIOS goes corrupt and will give you a black screen, and re-flashing the BIOS worked. Since your computer won't even boot at this point, the only way you can re-flash the BIOS is if the laptop manufacturer supports flashing the BIOS during a power-on state. 

Also you can check out more methods to possible fix the issue Windows 10 computer won't turn on.

https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/fix-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-009.html

Would you please let me know the exact model of your notbook? 

HP Recommended

I only have one RAM module. I'm not sure I made it clear but nothing happens when I try to power it on - no lights anywhere including the light where the AC adapter plugs in on the side so I don't have access to the BIOS.

The model number is 15-CS0058od 4NM36UA.

HP Recommended

Have you ever tried removing the RAM module? 

HP Recommended

Yes, I did try removing the RAM.  Same result, no power.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, good chances are the fault hardware components, like motherboard or processor. If possible, try to make a diagnosis of both components. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.