10-16-2019 08:43 AM
I was watching a football game from my laptop with wireless display connection to my TV. After about 30 min they both turned black and the laptop seemed to be shut down. After restarting there was for hours this blue circle rotating in the bottom black pane, when it finally went away the usual icons were missing. The windows icon and those at the right did not react to mouse clicks. Now I can only use the programs with icons on the desktop (or dig with file explorer the actual exe files).
Yes I have tried to restart - no effect.
But Finland won the match 😉
10-18-2019 09:53 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
As I understand, the taskbar is not responding. Don't worry, I'll be happy to help.
Let's try restarting the Windows Explorer -
1) Press Windows + R button together to launch Run prompt. Enter taskmgr.exe and hit Enter.
2) Under Processes tab, scroll down and look for Windows Explorer.
3) Select Windows Explorer and click on Restart button in the bottom right corner.
Also, run the System File Checker -
1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.
2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee