Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp130ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there,

I have an envy x360 - 15-bp130ng for 2 years now and it seems that the tablet switch sensors are broken. This would be no problem for me, since I'm not using the convertible utility anymore (used it for my master studies, but done with it). However, the sensors sending random tablet switch events to the OS and due to this, they switch off the laptop keyboard. So, I have to use an external keyboard.

If I tilt the laptop, the sensors send a no-tablet-mode event and if the laptop stands on a straight surface (in normal laptop mode), they sending tablet-mode event. This happened under Windows 10, Ubuntu and even in Arch Linux now.

For Windows I tried only the graphical user interface to omit random tablet switches and for the Linux OS I tried several things, going from xinput, udev rule to libinput but none of them worked. It doesn't seem like a OS problem in itself since the input programs of Linux register the events but do not send any turn off switch. The turn off switch has to come from something, under the hood. Now the big question:

In the BIOS the sensors seem to be turned off because I can navigate there with the internal keyboard without any problem. For Windows, Ubuntu and Arch something is loaded right before the login screen which activates the sensors.

Any chance to turn those sensors completely off? Maybe by blacklisting the drivers of them? Or sweet spot would be, if there is any setting in the bios that I haven't discovered yet. I would be really happy about any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Cool this sounds like a big lie, since the Problem was present with having exclusively Windows installed. Do not think that the tablet switch button in the Windows menu changed anything about it.

In any way: If there is a user, who has the same problem + using Linux, here is a workaround:

write"blacklist intel_ish_ipc" in a /etc/modeprobe.d/my.conf txt file. By this all tablet switch related sensors do not work, since the driver isn't loaded by startup, which is exactly what I wanted. Probably you can find the same drivers somewhere in Windows but I just deleted it completely.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@koehlerson
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, this feature is not an option and it cannot be changed when your using the dual OS. 

You need to be only on Windows OS in order to change the settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cool this sounds like a big lie, since the Problem was present with having exclusively Windows installed. Do not think that the tablet switch button in the Windows menu changed anything about it.

In any way: If there is a user, who has the same problem + using Linux, here is a workaround:

write"blacklist intel_ish_ipc" in a /etc/modeprobe.d/my.conf txt file. By this all tablet switch related sensors do not work, since the driver isn't loaded by startup, which is exactly what I wanted. Probably you can find the same drivers somewhere in Windows but I just deleted it completely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.