Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx. When it shuts down because its battery is drained, I plug the battery in. After that, it shuts down again, and it does that every time. Is it normal or not? If not, how can I stop it? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Margareta1 

What do you mean "you plug the battery in"? You mean that you plug in the charger?

And then, when it starts with the charger connected, it shuts down again?

But then, when you start it again, it starts OK?

You need to check the battery, as follows:

1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is much less than 100% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Margareta1 

What do you mean "you plug the battery in"? You mean that you plug in the charger?

And then, when it starts with the charger connected, it shuts down again?

But then, when you start it again, it starts OK?

You need to check the battery, as follows:

1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is much less than 100% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the help.

1.  Yes, I mean that I plug in the charger.

2. Yes, it does start okay after when I start it again.

3. Full Charge Capacity is exactly equal to 100% of the Design Capacity.

However, I am worried why it does that, why it does shut down the second time. I do not know if it is normal for a laptop to do that.

Thanks again for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.