Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-eh1000 (2H5A7AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone else experiencing issues when resuming from sleep? I think my issue may be related to storage, but I've seen a lot of posts on the web which make me think it could be related to Ryzen chipsets as well. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Specs:

• HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eh1xxx
  • BIOS Version/Date: AMI F.20 , 03/03/2022 12:00 AM
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics
  • OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
  • Storage: Intel® SSD 660p Series w/ Intel driver Version 5.3.0.1005 dated 8/26/2021
  • SSD: Intel SSDPEKNW512G8H w/ Microsoft driver Version 10.0.19041.789 from 6/21/2006 and Firmware Version HPS1

Problem Description: Upon attempting to resume from sleep in both Windows 11 and Windows 10, a solid blue background appears with the mouse cursor, but after about 30 seconds to a minute, a BSOD appears, and the system immediately reboots. I downgraded from Windows 11 to see if that fixed the issue, which is why I know this is the case on both. This issues occurs on a fresh Windows install with nothing installed other than upgraded drivers from HP, AMD, and Intel using each of their driver update utilities.

What I think the issue is related to: After reviewing Device Manager, I saw my SSD is Intel so I decided to try and upgrade those drivers too, especially after I saw the release notes say "Fixed a sporadic BSOD which occurs during power management" for version 5.2.0.1006. Unfortunately, this didn't totally fix the issue. Before the driver update, when I tried to resume from sleep, I'd get either a solid blue or black ground with the mouse cursor, it'd hang for about a minute and then Windows would restart. After the Intel driver update, I can see Windows resume from sleep and the desktop is partially rendered; however, the desktop still isn't responsive before Windows restarts. The result of 'powercfg /sleepstudy' shows these restarts are a result of BugcheckCode 0xef, both before and after the driver update. In addition, 'powercfg /energy' shows the following error: "Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled. PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer." I believe this may be related. Either way, the "improvement" in resuming from sleep due to the driver update makes me believe this is all related to this Intel driver.

Intel's Response to a ticket I created: Base in the ISN: BTNH11921AUM512A this SSD is an (OEM) HP item, please be aware that these SSDs and its drivers have been modified and customized by HP to work specifically in your HP Pavilion 15-eh1000 (2H5A7AV) Laptop, if the drivers need to be updated or fixed that need to be done by HP.

Temporary workaround: Disable Sleep mode and use Hibernate, but I don't like this band-aid.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.