Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion x360 11-n011dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

so this is my 3 month old hp pavilion X360

i turned off two days ago and since it wont boot. 
when i try to turn it on, the start button light goes on, and you can hear the fan workin for a few seconds, but the screen remains black. the only other sign of life the computer gives its the blinking light of the caps lock buttom.

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED READING THE Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps LINK BUT IT DOENST SAY NOTHING ABOUT A CONTINUOS BLINKING. 

AND Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot. BUT NOTHING

AND finally i tried to HARD RESET my computer, but i cant tell if I did it succesfully beacuse my model its baterry sealed and it doesnt make any sound or something to know it reseted ( i have already visited the link with the video and instructions but it doesnt have my model and i tried the general hard reset), 

SO any support agent who can give me a real solution for my computer model? please dont give me this links already tried. or at least hw to hard reset my computer(my model) 

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎.

AC Adapter Battery Charging Indicator LED Does Not Display Immediately When Plugged In
Troubleshooting the notebook battery
Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

Or should I return the computer to the store? I have been looking for this problem  in the forum, and Im not the only one with this problem!

sorry for bad english

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi There You Might Have A BIOS Corruption So To Fix Lets Try This

Step1: Insert A USB Flash Drive Into A Working PC

Step2: Download This BIOS Update

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71420.exe

Step3: Run This Update And Select The Option To Create A USB Repair Flash Drive

Step4: Insert The USB Flash Drive Into The Broken PC

Step5: Press The Power Button And WinKey And B All At The Same Time

Into The BIOS Repair Comes Up

You Could Also Try Just WinKey And B Key Right After Pressing Power Button

If This Has Fixed Your Problem Then Please [Accept As A Solution:smileyvery-happy:] And Click The White Hand In The Purple Box For [Thumbs Up:smileyhappy:]

HP Recommended

Has this method helped anyone with the same problem?

HP Recommended

Forget everything they tell you about the 3x flashing of the caps-lock key.

The answer is:

STEP 1: Make sure computer is OFF first.

STEP 2: open laptop by removing back panel screws

STEP 3: using a guitar pick (or something of similar plastic) to remove keyboard from the laptop. DO NOT PULL COMPLETELY OFF YET. (see step 3)

STEP 4:  remove the keyboard connection and the touchpad connection from the Motherboard

STEP 5:  Turn on computer. (COMPUTER SHOULD START WITH NO FLASHING LIGHT)

STEP 6:  reconnect the keyboard & touchpad plastic connections. (KEEP COMPUTER ON)

STEP 7:  press keyboard back into laptop (CAREFUL NOT TO LOOSEN CONNECTIONS)

STEP 8:  tighten all the screws on back panel.

All the stories on HP support and other internet forumns all say it is a Memory problem and it needs to be "re-seated" yet everyone continues to have the problem of the caps lock flashing 3x over and over. and no start.

I came into this solution through trial ans error. But it works everytime.

If your computer is turned OFF then this flahsing lights / no start problem may reappear. If your computer is set to sleep the problem will not occur anymore.

My solution: NEVER turn off pc. ALWAYS just set it to sleep or hibernate.

HP support fails to mention this solution as an option. (well I have seen this option NO WHERE)

Maybe an HP support tech will read this post and investigate why this "No-start/Caps-flashing-3x" only happens when keyboard and touchpad connections are connected.

Hope this helps. IT WORKS FOR ME.

HP Recommended

BESTanswers is absolutely correct.  Follow his instructtions.  I ended up following exactly what this guy did in the provided video and was able to get it working steadily.  I did not have an issue again after doing this, so I don't think you HAVE to keep the PC on at all times after doing the fix.  Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvL33gyRE

HP PAVILION X 360 not starting up, caps lock light is blinking then try disconnect this battery
HP Recommended

This video is good, but the single blinking went right back after it was orginally restored. I am suspecting a BIOS problem or i dont know if the small battery has died.

HP Recommended

Hello. This is my first reply. I am in no way a computer expert or tech savvy person. I joined this site because I also have had (many) problems with my laptop.

And if your problem with the caps lock blinking continuously is like mine, try starting off small.

I personally try not to do anything like opening up my laptop because I’m scared I’ll ruin something and it will never come back on. 

So so long story short, something happened to me (but no red blinking light), and all I did was remove my laptop from its charging cable, turned it off, pressed the power button for 15 seconds, plugged my laptop back to its charging cable, and turned it on like normal. And it came back on. 

I have ave no idea why it acted like this, it’s a horrible computer, but I’m too cheap to buy a new and better one. If that helps cool, if not I’m sorry and hope you find the answer. Also, if any tech savvy people are reading the his, can you explain to me what happened to my laptop? Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.