Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-EC0013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I'm unsure if this is the right board.

I have a Hp Gaming Laptop 15-EC0013DX.  I usually fall asleep to some music, when I woke up this morning my laptop was completely black screen with the power light on.  I messed with the keys trying to get it to come on, but it remained black screen of death. 

I had to hold the power button until it shut off. Trying to get it back on a single press gets it going but then immediate shut off. Pressing it again keeps the light on but I can't see or hear anything else happening. It grows warm as if its on but I don't hear the fans humming.

I've tried restarting the system, but it still has a black screen and same problem with initial press of the power button.  I've tried using a different monitor with function f4 or just f4 and nothing. I've tried the windows key and b key with power button and nothing changes.

I got the laptop in January and haven't had problems to explain its BS of Death suddenly happening. 

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SopaRopa 

Since we have no way to examine your laptop from here, I have to guess -- and my guess, based entirely on your comments, is that the laptop went into hibernation, overheated, and crashed due to that.  Now, if the processor was damaged, which could have happened, it is not going to turn on, no matter what you do.  But as I said -- this is only a guess.

You should not be having problems like this with a new PC!

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

Unfortunately, we are NOT HP Tech Support and we have no way to diagnose or repair your PC, so while this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.

To contact HP Support Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.