Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Laptop: HP ProBook 440 G4

Inbooted my laptop after about 2 days and it suddenly switched off as I was using it (used for like 5 minutes), while it was plugged in.

I plugged in the device and the laptop's charging light just blinked white (should have been orange to indicate it's charging). I pressed the power button, and saw the light on the power and caps lock key, and it switched off again (this was when its plugged in)

I then let it sit for a while, and pressed the power button again, it booted up to my Linux, as it should have. However, a strange thing was that the battery percentage was 100%. The laptop worked fine, i did my work, and wanted to diagnose what had happened, so i decided to boot to windows.

I powered off the device, rebooted it, went into the bios, but noticed that my windows SSD was not being recognised. I again booted Linux, checked available drives and my SSD remained invisible.

I checked the m2 slot at the back, re-inserted the SSD, and tried starting on the device, it didn't power on at all (no lights at all). I plugged it in, still no charging lights (no white no orange).

I let it sit for some time, reconnected the device to power, now it gives white light for about 6 seconds and then turns off for like 4 seconds, and this repeats.

I wonder if the battery was the issue, the laptop should work perfectly fine plugged in. But this is not the case. When the laptop was booted, i removed the charging to see if it would turn off, it didn't.

Please guide me with what's happening, thank you so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.