3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Power-on beep sound disable

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4190nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to disable the startup beep sound of my Notebook. I understand that Beep sounds are needed when something is wrong in the startup, but when everything is working properly, can I disable the beep anywhere in the Bios?

I have a American Megatrends bios, version F.50

Thanks

[edit]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
12,177 12,114 2,420 4,944
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

have you set a Power on password in BIOS. This is most likely why the beep is occuring. Please take a look at this thread and see if it helps:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-BIOS-password-bee...

Especially this part 

"-Provides the ability to enable or disable the audible password prompt (beep) for the BIOS administrator login or Power-On Password. The audible prompt is disabled when the Power On Self-Test (POST) Hotkey Delay setting is set to 0"

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

have you set a Power on password in BIOS. This is most likely why the beep is occuring. Please take a look at this thread and see if it helps:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-BIOS-password-bee...

Especially this part 

"-Provides the ability to enable or disable the audible password prompt (beep) for the BIOS administrator login or Power-On Password. The audible prompt is disabled when the Power On Self-Test (POST) Hotkey Delay setting is set to 0"

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

htmt
Author
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Indeed, I had set a power-on password. The solution you gave, "the Power On Self-Test (POST) Hotkey Delay setting is set to 0" worked immediately,  with one remark: By default, this delay was already set to 0, and the audible beep disappeared only after I set the delay again to 0.

Thanks

iomare
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Interesting having to reset it to 0.

Let me know if you need further help.

All the best,

David

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation