cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Gregrobo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Power on - no boot up white screen/black

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15s-fq0012na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Hp community,

Today I plugged into my Hp-notebook an usb c reader with SD card  and suddenly I got a white blank screen  changing to black  and keep blinking white and black no lights on keyboard the led power on the side keep blinking white as well when screen is white and no lights when screen black .  Power button unresponsive and keys or keys combination is no woking ... 

I run windows 10 (64 bit) .  I tried to remove battery/ ram/ hardrive however once i power back on I get the same behaviour screen: white and black , white and black in loop... 

Help!!! 

Any Idea of this type of behaviour or what I could try to get this fixed?

Thank you all.

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,875 6,873 299 364
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gregrobo

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues booting your  HP Notebook - 15s-Fq0012na. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did this happen after a power surge or power outage?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC: 

Completely resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Follow these steps to perform a hard reset:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.

If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.

If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step to listen for computer beeps and look at the lights.

Attempt a BIOS recovery >  HP Notebook - 15s-Fq0012na

If the above steps work and the display turns on: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side. 

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance: 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation