Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 440G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I got 2 separate passwords for my Laptop HP Probook 440 G5, password1 as power-on and password2 as BIOS Administrator.
I set the same password1 as user and password2 as master for my SSD and HDD disks installed on the system.

I used BIOS Administrator password to boot up for years as it requited to be the same as master password for the disks in order to boot up and.

Today I decided to clear passwords and do some BIOS config modifications (i.e. disable Fast Boot feature) So I changed BIOS Administrator to empty. Now it don't ask for BIOS Administrator password anymore, but only POST Power-On Password. But no passwords work at POST Power-On password screen. I still keep my passwords a password  software manager. So all the passwords must be correct. Now my laptop doesn't recognize my POST Power-On password.

I haven't done nothing wrong, but only clear BIOS Administrator password *BEFORE* clear POWER-ON password.

How can I reset BIOS POST Power-On Password?

Thanks & best regards,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.