Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Well, I connected an external keyboard (it works) and an external monitor (it doesn't work) and I put my HDD back in but the F keys do nothing.

I put that other HDD back in and both the F1 and F2 keys work, but again, in the case of the F2 key, the screen with the progress bar shows until it reaches 100%, then the screen goes dark again.

Actually the other F keys flicker on and off but stay off then.

I was able to reset the BIOS to default but neither monitor stays on for me to try the boot reset, let alone the Windows 10 reset.

Do you know of anything else to try?

HP Recommended

Anyone else got any ideas?

HP Recommended

I tried to re-install Windows 7 Professional from the HP install disk that I have but the monitor still flicks on then off. I also figured out which F key to press to change the boot options, F9.

How hard is it to replace the video card? Do you know if I can still get one from HP?

HP Recommended
Hi,

Manual: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=402136...

Your laptop came with AMD processor with UMA graphics

Page 3-10 shows listed compatible processors you can replace with, in turn for replacing integrated graphics.

Top processor - AMD Turion II Ultra M620 2.5-GHz processor (35W, 2-MB L2 cache) : 576255-001

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC5X5BZ8402&FM=1

Page 3-13 shows you that your notebook series has a single motherboard listed with no soldered discrete graphics (UMA graphics on die with processor)

So to change graphic system, you've to change processor. No other change needed.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Well, it looks like I won't be using that computer anymore, or at least for a good while, as I don't have the money to spend to buy another processor.

I was hoping it was something more easily fixed, but it's lasted a decent amount of time, I guess.

Thank you for all your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

Glad to be of any help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.