Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am having trouble booting my PC. When I try to turn it on it frequently encounters errors. It's usually:

The selected boot device failed. Press <Enter> to continue.

Or

Error sending end of post message to ME: HECI disabled , proceeding with boot!

Failing both of those, it will start properly. It also sometimes turns on the backlight in the monitor but doesn't display anything.

I've attempted BIOS recovery and as far as I can tell it worked, but I am still encountering the problems. However when doing so (I ran several diagnostics and such) the computer also detected another error:

The following product  information programmed in the system board is missing or invalid.

System board (00A) - System board CT number

This is especially strange, as I've never done anything with said board. If anything was done it was before I bought it which was over 3 years ago.

When attempting startup recovery I encounter an unexpected I/O event and the error "0xc00000e9" with the computer saying that there is a problem with a device connected to it. This is odd, as I do not have any devices connected to my computer. Unfortunately I do not remember the file it said the error was in.

Finally, when I attempted HP's device diagnostics, it froze up entirely after it was done scanning the battery for problems to the point that I had to shut it off and attempt a normal boot.

Many of the repairs to these errors suggest diagnostics and resets of some-kind, but I'm trying to avoid those sorts of things as they require a successful boot which is currently hard to come by.

I should also note that beyond these boot problems, I am unable to find anything wrong with my PC.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NDDJ

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

This is a Hardware issue since the System Board information is missing

The PC needs to be serviced and the System Information needs to be Tattooed back on the Motherboard and BIOS reflashed

Please contact HP Support in your region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.