Flag Post

Product Information not valid, System Board (00A) - System Board CT Number

HP Recommended
15-AC121DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my BIOS on my 15-AC121DX to F.29 Rev. A and now I am getting this: 

Product Information not valid 

System Board (00A) - System Board CT Number

It continues to boot but runs very slow and battery charging is intermittent. I used NBDMIFIT 2.07 to enter the correct info from the motherboard but when I reboot and hit esc. then f1 for System Information it says my CT number is HP and not the one flashed with the DMI Tool (PFEJFF41U9DNKU). When I read it again with the tool it is correct.  Apparently the BIOS is not reading the EEPROM info correctly or there is something egoing on.

2 REPLIES 2
tsaavedra
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was not able to fix the System Board CT Number error at boot but I was able to mask the problem. When the BIOS determines that there is a Product Information error at bootup it allows you to hit enter to continue but it also disables charging while the computer is on and it throttles the CPU frequency to about 1/4 of the max frequency.  I was able to fix the charging problem by upgrading the BIOS to F31. The plugged in battery icon is now on in the system tray and it appears to charge now.  I was able to fix the CPU throttling problem by running a program called ThrottleStop. I still get the error message at boot and have to hit enter but at least the computer is now usable.

I have no idea why HP cripples the CPU when this error comes up. I will be looking at other brands when I nned to replace this computer.

0 Kudos
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 471 748
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tsaavedra Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the system information is not correct.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation