Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP notebook - 15-ba051nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When starting up my laptop, a black screen appears saying "product information is not valid". The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid:

- Product Name

- Product Serial number

- Product number

- System board CT number

When opening HP PC Hardware Diagnostics, it is clear this product information is missing. How can I fill in this information and where can I find this information?

Product information missing.PNG

My problem is also described on this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443496

What can I do to solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kvdvyv

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

You might see this message after the system board is replaced. The message indicates that the serial number was not entered, or was entered incorrectly, after replacing the system board or other component.

To resolve this issue, contact HP using the Contact Support tab at the top of this screen. You will be asked to provide the fourteen-digit System Board Commodity Tracking (CT) Number. Use the steps in one of the following sections to find the CT Number:

Find the CT Number in System Information

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the Esc key repeatedly, about once every second.

3. Press F1 to view System Information.

4. Find the System Board CT Number listed on the System Information screen.

Figure : System Board CD Number

System Board CT Number on the System Information screen

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I start my laptop, the black screen with text appears immediately. If I press the esc key repeatedly, nothing happens. The black screen with text is still there. Pressing the f1 key also does nothing.

After pressing Enter, my laptop starts normally and pressing the Esc key has no effect.

What I am doing wrong?

HP Recommended

@kvdvyv

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue, 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.