Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Question about installing windows 7

Hp notebook 2000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am attempting to do a install of windows 7 on my laptop. Previously windows 10 trail version was installed so im going back to the original OS. But i have questions. Ive successfully managed to get the iso file onto a usb device and booted up from the usb device. Now it is going through what is suppose to be the installation process. I get that the device will reatart periodically, but when it does it takes me through the whole process. I have to selcet language agree to terms and choose where or what partition to install the OS on. Then it goes through what i can see is the same exact cycle as it has been. I believe this is the forth time i have had it restart and went through the steps. What have i done wrong. Or am i just being to unpatient

1 REPLY 1
Level 20
Level 20
112,128 102,305 16,050 24,657
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Question about installing windows 7

Hi:

That has happened to me in the past which is why I use DVD's.

See if this works...when W7 is finished installing and goes to restart, remove the USB flash drive installer before the notebook turns back on.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation