11-22-2016 02:01 PM
i forgot my BIOS Password and so i need help because i didn't can find any instruction (how to) on the internet.
if you need my informations:
I use Ubuntu 15.10 32bit
on my HP PROBOOK 6560b
11-22-2016 08:01 PM
11-22-2016 08:07 PM
I need to inform you that all HP Business Notebooks such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models infact they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial Number and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case.
Please have a look at this link.
Replace the BIOS chip
Please Contact HP Business Notebook support they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the white 👍🏼 button on the right to say thanks**
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)