Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have totally different question, wondering if you could help me.

I have Dv6t-1300 laptop that I'm trying to upgrade from HHD to SSD ,and every time i turn it on it says no boot device found (3F0) when i put the old hardrive the came with the laptop it boot up to windows. Tested the new drive, change drives and nothing. After doing some digging i learn that i need to go in to BIOS and change the legacy support, but in my BIOS i don't have the option. So i was wondering if there is any  fix to this issue.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install an operating system on the disk?

Hard drives/SSD's do not come with operating systems installed.

Your notebook is very old and there are no legacy or UEFI BIOS settings.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. Yes, I did install an operating system on the drive. 

I have tried this on a SSD and HDD and it didn't work.  It only recognizes the original drive that came with the laptop. 

Do you have any ideas for how I can make this upgrade possible on such an old device or do I need to replace it with the exact same hard drive as the original? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know why you are getting that error after installing a SSD or mechanical hard drive on your notebook.

Any brand 2.5" mechanical hard disk should have worked.

SSD's on those old models are hit or miss, but I can't think of any reason off hand why one wouldn't work, but obviously it doesn't.

HP Recommended

Thanks 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you get the SSD to work in your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.