cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Ann861
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Re: Unable to enable secure boot

HP Recommended

I have totally different question, wondering if you could help me.

I have Dv6t-1300 laptop that I'm trying to upgrade from HHD to SSD ,and every time i turn it on it says no boot device found (3F0) when i put the old hardrive the came with the laptop it boot up to windows. Tested the new drive, change drives and nothing. After doing some digging i learn that i need to go in to BIOS and change the legacy support, but in my BIOS i don't have the option. So i was wondering if there is any  fix to this issue.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
142,158 65,722 22,241 34,193
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install an operating system on the disk?

Hard drives/SSD's do not come with operating systems installed.

Your notebook is very old and there are no legacy or UEFI BIOS settings.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ann861
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. Yes, I did install an operating system on the drive. 

I have tried this on a SSD and HDD and it didn't work.  It only recognizes the original drive that came with the laptop. 

Do you have any ideas for how I can make this upgrade possible on such an old device or do I need to replace it with the exact same hard drive as the original? 

Thanks

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know why you are getting that error after installing a SSD or mechanical hard drive on your notebook.

Any brand 2.5" mechanical hard disk should have worked.

SSD's on those old models are hit or miss, but I can't think of any reason off hand why one wouldn't work, but obviously it doesn't.

Ann861
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you get the SSD to work in your notebook.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation