Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi there, Im having the same issues on my HP Laptop.  

Asking for Administrator password or Power on Password.  

Disabled code "175485783"   

I've tried entering code in the web link previously provided: https://bios-pw.org/

and enter the code in box and click Get Password, but no new code appears.  

please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very wecome.

Sorry we can't help you.

These new consumer class notebooks seem to have higher password security then the older ones used to.

They either generate a code with an 'i' in front of it, or a hexidecimal code, neither of which you can get a working unlock code from the BIOS P/W site.

Hopefully the genius that developed that site, is working on a way to generate unlock codes for these newer PC's.

In the USA/Canada, you can call HP technical support for further assistance... 1 800-474-6836.

You will have to stay on the line and listen to the automated voice attendant try to get you to use web based support.

Keep staying on the line until the message system states that if you cannot go online, wait and you will be connected to a support representative.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sorry   System Disabled Code is actually  75485783.

Entered code at linke: https://bios-pw.org 

and the code below is provided.  I tried entering as password and it is not working.    Help please. 

InsydeH2O BIOS (Acer, HP) 60583305

HP Recommended

Hi:

I think the first character is an 'i', and if you get an 'i' in front of the 8 digit system disabled code, that website won't be of any help to you, and neither can we.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to contact HP technical support for the country you live in, and ask them if they can send you a SMC.bin file for your specific model notebook that you can use at bootup to unlock the BIOS password.

HP Recommended

Yes it is an "i".  Bummer the codes won't work.  

Thanks anyway for the quick response and suggestion.  😞

HP Recommended

You're very wecome.

Sorry we can't help you.

These new consumer class notebooks seem to have higher password security then the older ones used to.

They either generate a code with an 'i' in front of it, or a hexidecimal code, neither of which you can get a working unlock code from the BIOS P/W site.

Hopefully the genius that developed that site, is working on a way to generate unlock codes for these newer PC's.

In the USA/Canada, you can call HP technical support for further assistance... 1 800-474-6836.

You will have to stay on the line and listen to the automated voice attendant try to get you to use web based support.

Keep staying on the line until the message system states that if you cannot go online, wait and you will be connected to a support representative.

HP Recommended

same question different code

HP Recommended

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.