Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8470w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I would like to remove the entry "Boot From EFI File" in the boot option which can be accessed with the F9 key. Only the "Windows Boot Manager" should be visible.

Where does this entry come from and how can I remove it? Preferably without having to install the operating system again. UEFI is set to native.

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AlitaKazu 

That is coded into the firmware of the PC; I know of no way to remove that.  All my UEFI boot PCs show the same option.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AlitaKazu 

That is coded into the firmware of the PC; I know of no way to remove that.  All my UEFI boot PCs show the same option.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

That means in Legacy mode you see boot from Notebook Hard Drive" and in UEFI mode you see the "Windows Boot Manager" and the "Boot From EFI File" entry?

Does the "Boot From EFI File" entry pose a security risk in any way?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.