Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z Book Studio G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number: 4QH32ES

I bought this workstation one year ago in the Netherlands and currently  I am in Japan.  Two days ago I found my laptop cannot be charged.  When I plug in the AC adapter, the illumination indicator doesn't react, but it can still indicate the low battery status since it flashes with yellow color.  I did the AC Adapter diagnose and it reported Failure ID: PU0KPD-99V9RW-MFPW2K-C1CL03

Since my warranty is still valid so at first I want to search the technical support from HP in Japan but failed. When I entered my Series number of laptop on their website to contact with them it reported that is invalid series number.  After that I went to a repairing shop for help. They used their machine to charge my laptop and it works.  They think it is problem about AC Adapter but I cannot find a substitution in Japan. They don't sell AC adapter with that large output current(7.7A).  What should I do?  Can I find any official support from HP Japan?  If not, after I come back to the Netherlands, how can I repair my laptop? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Haoisalreadytak,

The AC Adapter may not be available in Japan as they wouldn't have stocks for the ones used in Europe.

You can also check and purchase a new AC adapter: https://parts.hp.com/Hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx

Once you have reached Netherlands contact the service center and provide them the failure ID and they should be able to provide an AC adapter depending on the warranty available on the unit.

Karthik Nataraj

I am an HP employee.

Im speaking on my behalf only and Im not speaking for HP.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"

Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.