03-25-2018 12:22 PM
I bought this laptop several years ago in Alza.sk, was sold with a discount because was unpacked.
Unfortunatelly the previous owner locked the bios access, and now after few years I really need to change the settings iin the bios.
There is a any hardware procedure to reset the bios?
I read about the SMC.bin, How can I get the infamous SMC.bin for my bios?
03-26-2018 03:34 AM
At the password screen, hit enter 3 times.
If you receive an 8 digit 'halt code', post back with this code.
If you don't receive a halt code, you'll need to Contact HP Business support for a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
You can contact HP Business Support in your country via
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)