Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Stream notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Couple days ago i restarted my computer because it was running pretty slow thought it would’ve fixed it but it clearly didn’t, in fact it made it worse.

Now my screen is completely blue with “restarting” 

hasnt done anything ever since I’ve had it like that for a couple of days and still nothing

anyone knows how to fix this? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Velez1,

Good day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP support forums. I will be happy to assist you here. Great description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Did this occur after a  recent power outage or surge?
  • Was there any software change or Windows update that caused this?

Let's try these steps: 

This will determine if the computer's hardware is faulty or not. If any component fails, make a note of the failure code for that failed component. The computer then needs to be repaired.

If the diagnostics pass then you could reset windows to factory settings and it should fix the issue.

However, data will be lost. Apps and programs should be reinstalled.

Check this link: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04742289

to perform the reset.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.