Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the problem the only thing is that my HDD doesn't work so I cannot start windows, niether update the bios because when I put system diagnostics(F2) it appears the same screen you are describing. 

Anothe problem I have is when i try to install Windows all over again, a message appear telling me that I don't have the CD, USB or Hard drive drivers so the hard disk doesn't appear available to install windows. This happens with the windows 7, 8 and 10 installer.

Please if you know anything you could help me with I would appreciate it a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Malaquias93

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP computer and it does not boot and allow you to install Windows. 

What is the exact computer model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

What version of Windows are you using?

Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop before this issue started?

Let us first attempt to run a hard drive test by following the below steps:

• Press and hold the power button to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

• On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

• The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Figure : Sample list of Component Tests

Sample List of the Component tests

• Hard Drive/Storage Tests - There are six hard drive tests, and they can take from 10 minutes to 2 hours or more to complete.

To run the hard drive tests, follow the steps in Hard Drive Tests.

If the hard drive test does not initiate or if it fails then it indicates towards a hardware issue. In such a case, you may reach out to our HP phone support team via this link: http://hp.care/2uJxnug

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. I'll be glad to assist you further.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

@Malaquias93wrote:

Hi,

I have the problem the only thing is that my HDD doesn't work so I cannot start windows, niether update the bios because when I put system diagnostics(F2) it appears the same screen you are describing. 

Anothe problem I have is when i try to install Windows all over again, a message appear telling me that I don't have the CD, USB or Hard drive drivers so the hard disk doesn't appear available to install windows. This happens with the windows 7, 8 and 10 installer.

Please if you know anything you could help me with I would appreciate it a lot.

I don't understand good your question. I mean, this topic is about the interface of UEFI is different between what I had when I bought the notebook (a complete graphical UEFI interface by HP) and what I have now (a trivial DOS interface with a few options where the "update bios" is missing).

My issue was the willing to update the BIOS through UEFI instead of Windows because, differently to all the previous BIOS update, the latest isn't working (I reboot and no update BIOS).

In this thread an user adviced me how to restore the previous HP UEFI but I didn't try it because I prefer to wait the next HP BIOS update so see what happen.

In your case, you are clearily saying that your HDD doesn't work at all. I am right? In this case, don't you think you should start to change the HDD as first thing?

HP Recommended

There is the problem. The BIOS that is installed is the number 17 version and in the hp website the one available is de 45 version. So my BIOS for some reason I don't know is very old, but the notebook has a year since I bought it.

Look this is the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI that I have.13ea50fb-6ebb-448a-9370-90462a4ce3a0.jpg

So  can't flash the BIOS because I can't install any oparating system because when intalling any oparating system it appears :

Can not find a device driver for the CD or DVD, USB or hard drive. If you have any disquet. cd, dvd or usb flash drive that may contain the driver, insert it now

And I an't do it with the Hardware Diagnostics UEFI so i don't have any idea what to do. PLEASE HELP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.